Because your privacy is very important to us, Book My PhD Editor operates by these principles:
- The Book My PhD Editor website (“Site”) is maintained by Book My PhD Editor, 132, Copperpond Parade SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2Z 5A9. Book My PhD Editor is a trade name registered in the province of Alberta in Canada.
- Our use of any personal information you provide to Book My PhD Editor is regulated and protected by the laws of the Province of Alberta, Canada, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection Act.
- To the extent that Book My PhD Editor collects any information from our visitors and users, whether that information is personally identifying or not, either from actively provided information, “cookies,” or our web hosting service, Book My PhD Editor uses such information only for our own purposes relating to providing our editing, proofreading and data analysis services. Book My PhD Editor does not sell information about our clients to anyone. (For more information about cookies, see below.)
- When you visit our
Site, our server collects information (“server logs”) regarding the
pages you request, your IP address, and the server’s success in sending you the
page you requested. These server logs are used for diagnostic and maintenance
purposes and to produce aggregated statistics that we may use to monitor and
improve our services.
- Your web browser may accept a “session cookie” that allows the web server to associate your requests with each other and to distinguish them from the requests of other visitors. The “session cookie” is a random string of letters and numbers and contains no personally identifying information.
- Your web browser sends information “request headers” to any site you visit to let the site know what language(s) you prefer to see the site displayed in. You can control this information using the options or preferences settings in your browser software. This information is used only to serve the current request and for system diagnostics.
- When you use our Site’s search page, the search terms you requested and the top results displayed may be remembered to monitor and improve the accuracy of the search results that the search page provides. This information is not used by us for other purposes.
When Contacting Book My PhD Editor
- Your personal
information, including the contact details you provide, is used to respond to
any email, website or postal query you make.
- If your inquiry is about an order you have already placed, your inquiry will be correlated with the information regarding that order.
- Information regarding your query and our response may be retained to assist us in fulfilling future orders, for example, when you ask us for a quote or to create a customized service for you or to answer further queries from you.
- Information regarding your query and our response may be used to monitor or improve our customer service procedures.
Placing an Order with Book My PhD Editor
- We provide SSL/TLS
encryption to ensure the secure transmission of your information when you place
an order, including your payment details and your documents. The strength of
the encryption will usually be 256-bit or higher. We recommend using the latest
version of your web browser software to ensure that strong encryption is
supported by your browser. You accept responsibility for ensuring the
activation of the security features of your browser or computer that enable it
to communicate your information securely to our Site.
- When you place an
order for services, we ask for the following:
- Your first name
- Your email address
- Your billing address
- The document(s) you require service on and any special instructions relating to the service you order
- When you place an order for services, we ask for the following:
This information is used to fulfill your order, to allow you to track your order, and to contact you if it is necessary to clarify your instructions or the process, to collect payment, or to otherwise complete your order.
- When you pay by PayPal, we provide information as required by the system, including your order number and the amount and currency of payment required, to PayPal service you select.
- Banks and PayPal services may monitor financial activity for legal reasons or to ensure compliance with their terms of service to you and to us. Therefore, we may occasionally provide additional details regarding your order or transaction for these purposes upon request.
- We may use information collected and provided to us by the sites where we advertise to track the success of our advertising campaigns and thereby keep our costs and prices low. This information is aggregated and, therefore, does not contain any personally identifying information.
- Information on an order received is retained after the order is completed for legal purposes, including tax, audit, and corporate records, and may also be used for customer service and order fulfillment purposes where several orders are in some way similar or related, such as the chapters of the same manuscript or thesis or a sequel. Information may also be used for internal business and research purposes or to help enhance, evaluate, and develop our products and services, and/or to develop new products and services, such as developing different machine learning technologies in the area of Natural Language Processing that will help to improve the quality of our services. If you are concerned about personal information in the documents that we edit as part of our services, we encourage you to insert placeholders for any personal information.
Providing Feedback to Book My PhD Editor
- Your feedback is valuable. We like to know when we’ve done well and when we can improve. The feedback and reviews you provide for completed orders will be correlated with the information regarding the order the feedback relates to. We may also contact you to respond to the feedback you provide.
- If you provide feedback through our Site, you may choose to permit us to publish it in the testimonials section of our Site and elsewhere. If you permit us to do this through our Site, we will publish the nickname you provide (if any) and your general location (not your address), and we will edit your comments to remove any other personally identifying information as well as for spelling and grammar, if required.
Connecting to Cloud Services
While placing or picking up an order with Book My PhD Editor, you may choose to connect to your accounts on third-party services such as Dropbox or Google Drive to transfer files. We use OAuth, an open standard for access delegation, to do this so that we do not store any information about your account with the third-party service. If you select a file for a quote, a copy of that file will be temporarily transferred to us for the purpose of providing your quote. If you attach a file to an order, we will retain a copy of that file and attach it to your order.
- Book My PhD Editor
may, from time to time, make use of analytics advertising features, including
but not limited to remarketing, remarketing with analytics, display network
impression reporting, and demographics and interest reporting. This is done via
advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. If you wish to opt out of these
features, you may do so through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or
any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out). Please
also see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Book My PhD Editor may contract third parties to analyze other data provided to us, on an aggregate basis and subject to a non-disclosure agreement, for the purpose of improving our services.
- We do not share personal information or your documents with any third parties except as disclosed in this policy. We may need to disclose personal and other information we hold as a result of a legal process or for other reasons required or allowed by applicable laws. If we believe that a crime, tort, or other illegal act, including payment fraud, has taken place or is about to take place, we may voluntarily disclose relevant personal information to the police, courts, or other competent authorities.
Agents, Successors, and Assigns
Recourse and Dispute Resolution
- Any personal information you provide to Book My PhD Editor is regulated by Canada’s Personal Information Protection Act. You have the right to know what personal information Book My PhD Editor holds about you and to request a correction of any errors or omissions therein. We reserve the right, as required by law, to ask for additional evidence of your identity to ensure that the personal information we hold is disclosed only to you. Please direct all such inquiries by post and enclose a copy of a document that confirms your identity (i.e., your driving license) to: The Data Protection and Privacy Officer, Book My PhD Editor, 132 Copperpond Parade SE, Calgary, Alberta T2Z 5A9 Canada. Kindly note that this is a chargeable service and we would invoice you for the same as soon as we receive such request from you.
What Is a Cookie?
Yes. Book My PhD Editor uses first- and third-party cookies, in combination with pixels, local storage objects, and similar devices (collectively, “cookies” unless otherwise noted).
We do this to distinguish you from other users and to help us provide you with a good experience, improve our service, and personalize ads and content for you. Some cookies are necessary to ensure that custom services developed for corporate clients are private and secure. See the above section Visiting BookMyPhDEditor.com for more information.
You consent to the placement of cookies on your browser by us and our third-party service providers.
Withdraw Your Consent at Any Time
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of the Site, you will need to delete and block or disable cookies via your browser settings (see below).
Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of the Site, and it may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the Site.
Changing Your Cookie Settings
The browser settings for changing your cookie settings are usually found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the “Help” option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.